Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I think I've lived here too long-

Because the only thoughts running through my head as people brush by me in the subway grottos (they are unworthy to be deemed "stations"), (physically touching me as they brush by me, by the way, which is a big No-No. I have a personal bubble the size of Texas) are:

1. Everybody can EAT ME! I hate all you fuckers!

2. Why is everybody in such a rush? I could care less if I'm 10 minutes late to work. Sheep! You are all sheep! (to steal a line from one of my favorite teen movies)

3. Can the subway get even more crowded than this? (Answer: yes)

4. I don't need a $400.00 iphone to entertain myself. The voices in my head are entertaining enough....

2 comments:

Michael Northrop said...

If you could read people's minds on the subway at rush hour, I wonder how many of them would be completely pissed off?

I've started a part-time copyediting job downtown that lets out right in the teeth of rush hour. I try to sort of switch off and "find a happy place" or whatever, but it's hard to ignore the jostling and aggravation.

Mander said...

I'm sure the majority of them are talking shit about everyone in their minds just like me. Those that aren't completely oblivious, of course.